Low fat baked ziti!!
- 1 lb high fiber ziti such as Ronzoni Smart Taste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (I prefer Tuttorosso)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat-free ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 cups (8 oz) part skim mozzarella
- Spray olive oil (I used my Misto)
Preheat oven to 375°.Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente.Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt pepper and chopped tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Add sauce to the pasta and combine the ziti. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.